- Tarmo Soomere was elected foreign member of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences (01.10.2019).
- The Estonian Academy of Sciences has re-elected Tarmo Soomere to be the President of the Academy for the next five years (25.09.2019).
- Tarmo Soomere received the title of The Friend of Press in 2017 from the Estonian Newspaper Association (Eesti Ajalehtede Liit, 06.12.2017) and was selected as the fifth most distinguished person in Estonia in 2017 by columnists of the major daily newspaper Postimees (The Postman, 30.12.2017).
- The short lecture of Andrea Giudici “Technology for pollution tracking in the Gulf of Finland” was one of the six winning presentations at the competition of three-minute-lectures organised by the Estonian Academy of Sciences (27.10.2017).
- Tarmo Soomere was elected honorary member of the Estonian Scientific Society in Sweden (09.02.2017).
- Tarmo Soomere was elected foreign member of the Latvian Academy of Sciences (26.12.2015).
- Andrea Giudici presented his idea “Floud, a cloud-based flood monitoring system” at the Tehno Hack 2015 and his team won the special prize from Arrow Electronics Estonia.
- Bert Viikmäe received III prize in the national students research competition in the doctoral students category. (18.12.2014)
- Bert Viikmäe was awarded a Young Scientist Scholarship by the Estonian Academy of Sciences (27.11.2014)
- The Estonian Academy of Sciences has elected Tarmo Soomere to be the for the next five years (15.10.2014).
- Andrea Giudici received the best students’ presentation award from the 2nd International Conference Climate Change – The environmental and socio-economic response in the southern Baltic region (Szczecin, Poland, 12–15 May 2014) for his presentation Highly persisting patch formation areas in the Gulf of Finland, the Baltic Sea.
- Tarmo Soomere received the state decoration from the President Estonia: III class Order of the White Star (23 February 2014).
- Tarmo Soomere was awarded a 2013 National Science Award in engineering sciences for his work “Quantification and mitigation of marine coastal hazards in the Baltic Sea basin”.
- Medal of the Baltic Academies of Sciences was awarded to Tarmo Soomere for outstanding results in research cooperation between Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania in marine sciences (29 January 2013, the medal).
- Master thesis of Rain Männikus “Improving breakwater configuration in Noblessner Port against wind waves and vessel wakes” won II prize at the state competition of students’ research work (2012).
- Tarmo Soomere has been elected the Scientist of the Year (2011) of the Tallinn University of Technology (January 2012).
- Tarmo Soomere received the title of the best scientist, journalist or teacher that communicates science and technology in Estonia (2011).
- Master thesis of Olga Tribštok “Comparison of wave regimes along Estonian and Lithuanian coasts” won prize at Estonian Academy’s of Sciences student research award competition (2011).
- Ira Didenkulova has been elected the Best Young Researcher of the Year (2010) of the Tallinn University of Technology.
- Ira Didenkulova was awarded the by the (2010)
- Estonian Council of Environmental NGOs elected the 2009 Environmental Deed to be Ivar Puura‘s and Tarmo Soomere‘s initiative in drawing attention to possible negative environmental influences of the future Nord Stream gas pipeline (18.10.2010).
- The MSc thesis of Inga Zaitseva-Pärnaste “Long-term variations of wave fields in the Estonian coastal waters” (June 2009) won the II prize of the national competition of student’s scientific work by the Estonian Academy of Sciences (2009).
- Estonian Society for Nature Protection (Eesti Looduskaitse Selts) issued a thanksgiving letter to T.Soomere for informing the public and leaders of Estonia, and for ravishing them to protect the Baltic Sea.
Head: prof. Tarmo Soomere
Laboratory of Wave Engineering
Institute of Cybernetics at Tallinn University of Technology
Fax: +372 620 4151
Phone: +372 620 4176